Sunday, December 13, 2009

My God is Greater than cancer.

Last year this time, I was preparing for a trip that I knew what the outcome would be…I just didn’t know how long or what the journey would entail. I hadn’t planned to go to Pittsburgh for the Christmas holiday…but after the call I got…I knew I had to go. Around Thanksgiving last year, my best friend since childhood, my sister, had been diagnosed with breast cancer and it had spread so that it had affected her spine and she couldn’t walk. By Christmas she had already had one operation to remove the mast, but the incision had gotten infected and they were going to have to open her up again and to clean her out, close her up and let the healing begin again for the second time.

Well as you can imagine, everyone was devastated to hear this news and my sister…well let’s just say, she was beginning to get severely depressed because of all of it. When I arrived to see her I was taken aback at how much weight she had lost and just how sick she was…..BUT MY GOD…WHO SUPPLIES ALL OUR NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN CHRIST JESUS…was still on the throne and the Lord had dispatched his angles to watch over, encourage and to council her. They were on their positions eagerly waiting for God’s instructions.

Her brother, his wife and her son were on the front line along with my sisters, me, my mom, my dad and praise God the grand children were there on the front line too; along with many others all over the country. PRAYING---PRAISING and RECEIVING. We all knew that it was not by my sister’s power or might…but by the SPIRIT of the LORD that she would be HEALED AND DELIVERED.

I write this as an encouragement to anyone who is suffering with cancer or is praying for a loved one who has been stricken with this disease. REMEMBER all illness including cancer are DEFEATED foes if you ask God to heal and deliver that person and you unquestionable believe by faith that God has and will answer your prayer.

Be encouraged as one year later, my sister is back to her regular routine…cancer FREE and shouting from the rooftops the GOODNESS and MERCY of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

PRAISE GOD FOR THE VICTORY…as it is yours in Christ Jesus.
Feel free to share your story below as a cancer survivor or as the loved one of a cancer survivor. Let’s hear the praise reports! It all is a testament of God’s GLORY!

2 comments:

Damond Nollan said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing that.

Edie said...

You're welcome.