Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ahhhh, this thing about 50…

Age ain’t nothing but a number so many have said over the years. Fifty is the new 30, I’ve heard. And just recently my daughter said fifty is the new 20. Too funny, because what some people fail to realize is the age 50 is fifty. It is what it is.
January 25, 2010 I will celebrate my fiftieth birthday and I am proud to become a member of the fifty and older club. As a matter of fact, I’ll volunteer to be the president that’s how proud I am to be in this club.
Don’t laugh you’ll be there or have already gotten there by God’s grace. But have you determined (if you’re there), that the next fifty years will be much better than the last? I have, mainly because I understand now what the first fifty years were about. Now that maturity, experience, longsuffering, relationship building, forgiving and nurturing have all run their race in my life, I must take hold of the baton and round the corner to the finish line.
The next fifty years are all about completing the purpose and fulfilling the destiny for why I was born into this world fifty years ago. I’ve known for many years what my purpose and destiny are, but I haven’t been able to pinpoint how to begin the journey. I’ve prayed, I’ve been faithful to the vision, I’ve worked toward goals that I felt were related, but it wasn’t time. This year, 2010 is the time. I feel it deep down in my Soul. So I ask for your prayers as I know the time is near for the journey to begin.
I believe that as this milestone is turned, a new fresh anointing is given for the birthing of the plan to accomplish the purposes of God in my life. I vow to draw neigh as it is His undying love for ALL people that he’s purposed his Will in our lives.
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost will surely lead guide and protect me through the next fifty as he has during the first fifty.
I embrace the second half of my life with a great big hug and a big juicy kiss. I am happy to see ya fifty welcome…don’t take a seat because we’ve got places to go, people to see and things to do!

No comments: