Saturday, February 20, 2010

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sometimes you just have to SCREAM!!!!!!!...or do you?

“There’s a time and a place for everything under the sun”…and right now it’s time to count to ten…NO…it’s time to SCREAM. Will it make me feel better, worse or numb? We really have no control over the things that happen in our lives or do we? From a Spiritual perspective, NO we don’t if we’ve prayed for God’s Will; but from a worldly and pragmatic point of position, “Oh there’s something we can do!” I guess this is what most people say before they find them self’s handcuffed and sitting in the back of a squad car. :) Not cool at all after the anger has subsided and rationale sets in.

“There is life and death in the power of the tongue. “ Control over what we say and do is our responsibility and no one can be held accountable for our actions but us. I tell my children all the time, watch how God will bless you if you exhibit discipline and self control. “Obedience is better than sacrifice.”

For the issues that arise that make us want to put our heads under a rock and let denial reign, remember they don’t go away until you address them. Ignoring the elephant in the room only makes him grow teeth and bite you where it hurts very badly. Thinking it will go away if only you leave it be to work itself out is WRONG. Pacifying it, coddling it and feeding it what you think it’s hungry for only prolongs the inevitable.

To SCREAM or not to scream? That is the question. And my answer is unequivably NO…I prefer to pray. Screaming is a temporary fix. Praying is the ultimate fix. If you feel as though you just can’t take it anymore and the pressures of life have you weighed down, remember,” God is the author and finisher of our fate and greater is He who is in me than he who is of the world.” As the songwriter once conveyed, “trouble don’t last always”, I beg to differ…it will if you choose to SCREAM and not pray.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Yet another great and thought provoking blog written by Ms. Thorpe. God truly does answer prayers and I was taught to pray your way through a storm. Sometimes though I would love to climb a mountain and yell to the top of my lungs and if anybody tried to climb on my mountain I would push them back down with my foot!! lol

Edie said...

LOL...hey, it's your mountain...lol